- Marcel Hommel, University of Liverpool
ResearchParasite lactate dehydrogenase (pLDH) is widely used in rapid diagnostic tests: the genetic variation of Korean isolates was analysed. The fact that the pLDH genes of 19 isolates of P. vivax were identical, except for one for SNP at nucleotide 456 indicates that this gene is relatively stable.
ResearchCharacterization of the P. vivax asparagine-rich protein (PvARP) by a straightforward approach using molecular biology and immunochemistry assays. The reactivity with sera from individuals infected with P. vivax indicates that it contains epitopes that are target of antibody response generated during natural exposure.
ResearchA paper that highlights the problem of insecticide resistance in malaria vectors in China.
CommentaryThis study confirmed that, in the same environment, individuals belonging to the Fulani ethnic group have a lower susceptibility to Plasmodium falciparum infection than Mossi individuals.
ResearchDescription of a largely successful campaign to distribute LLINs to all age-groups across Togo. The authors conclude that even though the campaign was unable to achieve the universal coverage target, it rapidly increased overall coverage and was far better than previous campaigns that targeted only pregnant women and under fives.
ResearchA description of the construction of the Malaria Atlas Project's online data portal. It usefully details the data and associated products that the MAP team has made accessible to the global malaria community.
- View more articles
Aims & scope
Malaria Journal is aimed at the scientific community interested in malaria in its broadest sense. It is the only journal that publishes exclusively articles on malaria and, as such, it aims to bring together knowledge from the different specialities involved in this very broad discipline, from the bench to the bedside and to the field. Malaria Journal offers a fast publication schedule while maintaining rigorous peer-review; this is achieved by managing the whole of the publication process electronically, from submission to peer-review.
Malaria Journal Tweets
- what do people who live with and around #malaria really think of the #vaccine? http://t.co/KyXutliu8s 2:38 PM May 14th, 2013
- is #malaria being overdiagnosed? http://t.co/mUJrEqJfex 2:36 PM May 14th, 2013
- #Bacteria that make #mosquitoes resistant to #malaria http://t.co/B0OfPSCVWd 2:34 PM May 14th, 2013
- Made in Europe: will artemisinin resistance emerge in French Guiana? http://t.co/vu6ToF7Xkn #malaria 3:14 PM May 7th, 2013
- RT @OA_Africa: A mosquito net for every area - which nets are most effective in fighting #malaria in #Uganda? http://t.co/giy3z9BZRO #OADW … 10:13 AM May 2nd, 2013
News from SciDev.Net
- 16 May 2013
- Is city growth driving malaria elimination?
- 13 May 2013
- WHO approves synthetic source of artemisinin
- 07 May 2013
- China-Africa joint medical research to deepen